Hot-swap any 3.5in SATA hard drive easily from any computer with a 5.25in bay.
This 3.5in SATA hard drive hot-swap bay allows you to install a 3.5in SATA drive (SATA, SATA II, SATA III-6Gbps) in an available/unused 5.25in drive bay. To remove the drive, it's as simple as opening the front panel door; to re-insert a drive, simply insert the drive (connector first) until the door closes.
The hot swap bay offers a trayless design that makes it the ideal solution for quick and easy drive removals and insertions as part of a system building process, or integration into rackmount systems or industrial environments.
Also a perfect addition for operating system image deployment and any task that requires being able to quickly access large volumes of data on the fly, the hot swap bay provides everything you need to expedite important projects while maintaining a reliable storage solution.
With support for SATA HDD speeds up to 6.0 Gbps, the mobile rack/backplane is fully compatible with RAID installations to ensure maximum performance and versatility for enhanced storage applications.
Designed to provide a durable and reliable operating experience, the mobile rack features a 50,000+ insertion rating.
What's in the Box
- 1 - 5.25" Tray-Less SATA Hot-Swap Bay
- 2 - Key
- 1 - Screw Kit
- 1 - Instruction Manual
StarTech.com 5.25in Trayless Hot Swap Mobile Rack for 3.5in Hard Drive - storage mobile rack
Write a review for: StarTech.com 5.25in Trayless Hot Swap Mobile Rack for 3.5in Hard Drive
Trayless HOT swap SATA bay
This item once fitted does the job required of it, but there some things to watch out for, though not all will be applicable to all computers.
1) Be aware that the item does not have any cables supplied with it. You will need to have spare data and power cables to install and obviously spare data connector on board to connect to.
2) The trim of the bay is too large for the front cover of the pc case to fit over it, so you have to fit it with the cover on. Not a massive problem but I did end up having to remove it and re-fit.
3) Because the bay fits in a 5.25 near the top of my pc, it does not get a great deal of air flow over it, so in my case I find that the hard disk installed in the bay gets quite warm to the touch. Don't know if that could be a problem.
4) You need to have a BIOS that supports hot swap to be able to remove the disk safely without shutting down the pc to swap/remove. Not sure what would happen if you remove otherwise.
Overall though quite happy with it.
Ease of use
Value for money
This is a great product that does exactly what it says on the tin.
However be very careful during installation as the build quality is not the best.
The sata connections on the back are connected to the main unit by 2 screws and the 5 pin connection broke clean off when I pushed the cable on. Product broke before I'd even used it. And the manufacturer aren't able to supply a replacement part.
Ease of use
Value for money
The opinions expressed in this reviews section are those of our customers and not of BT Shop. Nothing contained herein amends BT Shop’s terms and conditions.
Not quite found what you are looking for? You can find products which may be more suitable by simply checking the features that interest you and clicking the find button.